Pastel de tres leches

DIY Hair


menos guera

very difficult to get a photo of the back of your own hair

It's a DIY world out there, and my hair knows all about it. I haven't gone to a hairdresser in years, and some may say it shows. My apologies to all the hairdressers out there, but I usually make an impromptu decision that I want a haircut, and then it has to happen immediately; there is no time for waiting for an appointment with you. I'm really not that fussy about what my hair is doing on any given day anyway, and if it's really misbehaving, I tie it in a knot. 

So every few months I cut my own hair with a pair of Goody cutting shears, using the method shown in this DIY layered haircut in 5 mins video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brmQhv6Uw1g 

I've also done the Shlob (shaggy, long bob) in the past, and I probably will again when I get tired of having long hair. Check out these shlob stories: http://www.howtohairgirl.com/category/shlob-stories/ 

I recently coloured my hair to get rid of the grays that are popping up and the bleached summer stuff on the ends, but also to look less guera when I go to Mexico (and to look more like Cheryl :P). I used a temporary colour and went a bit darker than my natural colour since it will wash out in a month or so. Natural Instincts makes this product, and the colour is pretty true to what it shows on the box. 

Good luck if you decide to try a DIY hairstyle; at the very worst you will end up making that appointment with your hairdresser to get it fixed and keep them in business!

Shop this post:
Goody cutting shears
Natural Instincts Demi-Permanent Hair Colour Medium Cool Brown Clove

Comments