Pastel de tres leches

Sofa-shopping at IKEA





  






It has been two years since Luccipuppy destroyed our sofa. I've had a hard time finding a new one to love, so I kept putting it off. I tried covering our old one several times, but even that has worn thin. It is time for a new one!

Then IKEA came to town. Last weekend, Cheryl, Sarah, Amandine, and I went to the store at Darthmouth Crossing, and I spent two hours deciding on which sofa to purchase. There were many factors to consider: length (Daniel is six feet tall and prone to falling asleep on the sofa mid-Netflix), lines, colour, and upholstery type (something to withstand Lucci's fur, slobber, and nails). The beauty of an IKEA sofa, besides the fun of assembling it, is that I can take off the covers to wash them or buy new ones when we want a change. 

And yes, I got sidetracked looking at plush puppies and quartz countertops ... perhaps a kitchen reno in our near future?

Luckily for me, Sarah is the same height as Daniel, so she tested many sofas for length and comfort. In the end, the KIVIK in anthracite won the contest (modeled here by Cheryl). It was one of the longer sofas, and those low, wide arms can hold a three-course meal each. The gap between sofa and floor is very small, and although I won't be able to get under there with a broom or vacuum (oh well), Lucci's toys won't roll under there and drive him crazy. 

Comments