Pastel de tres leches

Dig out the summer tires

Winter is over; I could feel it in the sun today as I shoveled Mummy's walkways for the LAST time for a long time! Yes, I know there is still snow on the ground and we will have the occasional April flurry, but it won't last long now, and I will just let the sun melt it away. 

I felt like a hibernating bear for most of this winter. It was all fun in December with a fluffy white Xmas like never before, snowboarding, and bikini snow-angels, but the constant procession of storm after polar vortex after nor'easter has become a bit tedious after four months. My right shoulder-blade aches from shoveling - indeed the shovel is permanently fused to my arm, like Edward Scissorhands only Charlene Shovelarm. 

Finally it's time to think about ordering seeds and tapping maple trees and the Bluenose 10k and planting stuff in the greenhouse and margaritas and G&Ts on the deck! But let's take one last look at Old Man Winter before we kick his ass out the storm door:

Yuletide tree

@ the xmas ice bar

Pine branch down

aprรจs-snowfall

snowshoeing

fresh pow pow

Crabbe Mountain ski lodge

on Timberdoodle @ Ben Eoin

silver thaw on Mummy's lilacs

Dashing Thru the Snow? No!

Time to dig out the summer tires!

Comments