Pastel de tres leches

My Little Kayak

my little kayak
It was so lovely a morning that I decided to go for a paddle on the Riviera. A co-worker had loaned me her kayak trolley for the summer, and I hadn't even used it yet because Daniel and I carried the boats down to the beach the last (and only) time I went out. 

For some reason I thought the trolley should be strapped on one end of the kayak (like Daniel) and I would lift and maneuver from the other end; this did not work. After crashing kayak / runaway trolley / much swearing, I finally went back in the house and looked up a tutorial on YouTube on how to put a kayak on its trolley. Apparently the trolley goes midships. These kids are smart.


MLK loaded onto trolley
arrived / no paddle
Finally I got rolling (in a controlled manner) down Lavallee Lane to the little grassy beach at the end where Sammy goes for her morning dip every day. I took the kayak off the trolley and put on my inflatable PFD only to realize that I had forgotten my paddle up in the garage. 

As I was trotting up the hill to fetch the aforementioned paddle, a nice elderly lady driving down the lane slowed her car, rolled down her window and said to me, "I can see you are a walker ... your legs are nice and firm - just like mine!" That made me laugh. On many different levels.

Back at the kayak, paddle in hand, I filed my sail plan with Cheryl (on facebook), shoved off, and decided to take a trip down to the old Superior Chain Store. I figured this would take about an hour, and I wanted to get back in time to go down to St. Peter's to see Fish Guy

Here are some of the sights on the Riviera this morning ...

high tide on the Riviera
Superior Chain Store and warehouse
boat on a clothesline
houseboat?
our chateau viewed from the Riviera
me and MLK

Comments