Pastel de tres leches

Black Bean Birthday Brownies

My birthday was a couple of days ago, so I felt like if there ever was a day I deserved chocolate, that was it. Early in the morning I decided I would bake some brownies. A friend from work had recently made black bean brownies, and they were delicious; she kindly shared the recipe, which I will pass on with my modifications (as usual). They are seriously good and gluten-free! The black beans worked much better in brownies than that time I tried substituting avocados for butter

black bean brownie

So I ate a few of those, and as if she had read my mind, my dear friend Annick brought over some Black Magic Birthday Cupcakes that evening! It was a perfect birthday with chocolate everywhere.

Black Bean Brownies 
Place in food processor: 
1 can of drained/washed black beans 
1/2 cup vegetable oil 
3 eggs 
Process until smooth.
In a separate bowl add: 
1/2 cup cocoa 
2/3 cup sugar 
1 tsp. baking powder 
Add wet indgredients to dry ingredients. 
Pour into a greased 9x9 pan.  
Sprinkle top with chocolate chips OR make a small amount of Buttercream Icing to slather on top when they are baked and cooled completely.
Bake 30 minutes in 350F oven.

Comments

Post a Comment

Say it!