Pastel de tres leches

Opti-mystically Speaking

I discovered a new blog today: Dream Big Cape Breton. It is upbeat and positive, and I liked it so much that I added it to Cool Blogs list on the right sidebar 

It's an understatement to say I have never been a believer in the power of thinking positively; I have never watched or read "The Secret", and in no way would I ever be described as the opti-mystic type. 

However, if there ever was a time for it, spring just puts me in the mood for looking on the bright side. This week I even clicked on and read an article that left me wondering if being optimistic is just as easy as always thinking of the worst possible outcome. ABOUT OPTIMISM has inspired my new mantra: 
"De-catastrophize. Think about more likely alternatives."
Sounds good. Here are some things I am going to try it on to see if it works.

  1. We will have an actual at-least-category-1 hurricane this season and I will get to wear my hurricane dress at my hurricane party
  2. Justin Trudeau will be our next PM
  3. It will not rain all day next Saturday for the Eco-Endurance Challenge
That's enough for now ... I will not get carried away, just in case it doesn't work ;)

Hurricane Party 2011

Comments