Pastel de tres leches

Avocado Brownies???

I read in a magazine this weekend that you can substitute avocado for butter in a brownie recipe ... it sounded crazy enough to try, so I picked up a bag of very ripe avocados on the way home from work. I followed this recipe from Kiran Tarun (except I used espresso instead of brewed coffee):

80% healthy/20% decadent 
Once again, as I was waiting on something chocolate in the oven, my SeaDaddy face-timed me from CT. Last time we ft'd I was baking the Annual Chocolate Rum Cake; this time I'm not so sure the results are so tasty. I just tested a brownie, and it was not fudgy as the recipe title suggests. If they do not improve with age (by morning) I'll slather some chocolate ganache on top or a sprinkle of rum and a dusting of pecans and brown sugar.  

test brownie, still warm
Perhaps I'll freeze the rest of the avocados for Smoothie Mexicanos ... Cinco de Mayo will soon be here! 

Comments