Pastel de tres leches

notte di pizza

Last night was Supper Gang at Deanna & Colin's place. My intrepid Echo hatchback made the winding trek over the snow-packed Grand Gully Road, reminiscent of our very first Supper Gang over two years ago ... the night Daniel and I were almost hit by a deer driving home.

Coco and Arlo gave me a warm waggy-tailed welcome out on the deck as I stuck a bottle of Principe di Butera Insolia in a snowbank to chill. Inside, sweet smells of pizza dough, tomatoes, and pesto filled the air. Almost all Supper Gang members were gathered in the kitchen - except for the sailors at sea (who were sorely missed but in our thoughts).

Richie modeling pizza with the works
The food and conversation were scintillating as always. While babies slumbered, we discussed everything from Lance Armstrong to what to do for spring break + the snowman plan + work/life balance + the impermanence of all things and beyond.

Annick & Natasha: Quebec or Nfld?
Richie & the lovely Deanna
the handsome host Colin
Thanks to Dee and Colin for a lovely evening! I'll be over soon to pick up the bag of vinyl I left behind. I made it home ok (no renegade deer this time), unlike Robert Wilkinson:

Comments

  1. I voted twice for the backyard luge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for coming and for your chronicle of the night. I have your vinyl and container and will drop them off this week :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Say it!