Pastel de tres leches

Artificial Winter Sports

Even though there is no snow nor ice, as long as there are snow guns and refrigeration units there will be winter sports! And having a Monday to Friday, 8am to 4pm job means cramming them all in on the weekend if the weather cooperates. And this time it did ... almost too much. After yesterday's melt-down and my dismal attempt at coasting, today I hit the road looking for better conditions. 

First stop this morning: Ski Ben Eoin. The drive down along the Bras d'Or Lake was sunny, grassy and green; the only substantial amount of snow was on the Ben itself. I got a 4-hour lift ticket, and ripped flake (icy grains, actually) until 1:30pm. I think I was the only chick over 40 on a snowboard. Too many pointy bits with skiing for me.

panorama break
Then, after a brief stop in the Riviera for a late lunch and a wardrobe change, I was off to the Richmond Arena for the family skate with Cheryl. 



It's always a contest with us. You can vote for the more graceful skater on the right bottom side bar. Che or Cha?

Comments

  1. If it remains a tie, Ina will cast the deciding vote.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Say it!