Pastel de tres leches

Watts Up in the Hen-House

It's been unusually cold this week, so this morning I ran the extension chord for the hen-house heating system (a 100W light-bulb) and hung the laundry on the clothesline to freeze. I collected the usual 5 eggs from our 7 girls; hopefully the light will also trick them into thinking spring is coming and the two slackers will start laying again. I guess I'm not the only chick with Seasonal Affective Disorder.

hens & laundry
Those eggs came in handy for my Saturday morning breakfast. I froached them gently and ate them with whole wheat flax-seed toast from the bread machine and strawberry jam that Mummy made a couple of days ago. 

froaching eggs
toast and eggs in the sunshine
Now that I have the extension chord run out to the hen-house, I think it might be nice to put up a little Yuletide Tree with lights out there for the girls. I found some great ideas for decorating the coop at The Community Chickens blog. I think this would be a nice thing to do for them since they're giving up their eggs for all the egg-nog, rum cakes, and panettone I'm going to make in the next few weeks.

A parting pan of the Riviera today:


Comments