Pastel de tres leches

Magic Xmas Pants

My metabolism AND my 5 km run time have slowed down in the past year + lately I've been eating more bacon than usual. And yesterday morning, it being a month out from Xmas, I tried on my Magic Xmas Pants. They zipped and buttoned for sure, but they aren't quite hanging the way they did this time last year. So last night I logged back on to MyFitnessPal only to be reminded that I hadn't logged on in 3 weeks.

I purchased my MXPs at Le Chateau on Spring Garden Road in 1988 - my last year at Dal. There were some years that I spent living in climates where bikinis were more appropriate Xmas attire, but every year I've been home, those pants magically fit me when December rolled around (thus the name Magic Xmas Pants). I have never had to wonder what to wear to yuletide parties or Xmas dinner: my MXPs could be dressed up, down, or sideways to fit any occasion. 

Appropriately ugly (almost GTH Pants, really) green and red plaid, high-waisted with a mild boot-cut flare ... correct me if I'm wrong, but these babies are classics:

MXPs with black botas
However, since I don't want to bust anything other than a move on the Xmas staff party dance-floor or have to undo the button on my MXPs after a big turkey dinner, I went for a run yesterday in Dundee before visiting Mummy. The wind was cold from the west, and the road along the Schoolhouse Beach is more sheltered from a west wind than the Riviera. 

Schoolhouse Beach (West)
Schoolhouse Beach (East)
It was slow-going, but at the top of every hill before me I envisioned my Magic Xmas Pants in all their splendour; and that was all the motivation I needed to push on home.

Comments