Pastel de tres leches

Sunday after Saturday

Yesterday was a beautiful day for cleaning out Mummy's garage, which took all day and a few more to come. After supper, I went down to Iris's Haunted Garden in West Bay to take in the sights and have my tea leaves read for the first time.

It was a beautiful evening - warm and not a breath of wind. As I approached the garden I could hear shrieks and moans in the still night. I was shock-tested at the entrance and instructed to check out the hearse; from there, I went through the cemetery, sampled some furagh, and went on up to the house where the clairvoyant was reading tea leaves. There were many scary creatures lurking about: the gimpy skeleton with the huge head; the troll at the garden gate; the ghost bride; and the lady in black ... who was she???

the Haunted Garden
Iris
Inside the tea room, I sipped a splash of Earl Grey from a china cup. To me, my residual tea "leaves" looked like a nondescript little blob on the bottom of my cup; however, Iris (who's grandmother also read tea leaves) assured me that it meant that something I am hoping for is almost here. But I just can't think of what that could be ... I cannot think of one thing that I'm hoping for. Anyway, Iris's Haunted Garden was all I had hoped it would be, so maybe that was it!

This morning, the rain held off long enough for me to go for a run, walk Sammy, and visit the greenhouse, but not long enough for me to get my laundry dry on the clothesline.

post-run brunch
tiny cukes
bell pepper
 jalapeƱos still trying to grow
oven roasted chicken with potatoes, carrots, and mojo rojo
red-wine candied apples
This afternoon I listened to Mexican radio and did housework. I almost went to Foodland to get popsicle sticks for the candy apples I made but didn't bother and used toothpicks instead. I made a fire in the wood stove and practiced a Chopin prelude. And that's it; another weekend done.

Comments