Pastel de tres leches

Soirée Bachelorette

I am throwing a party tomorrow night - all by myself / without Daniel to help me clean the house / pour drinks / make food! A brave undertaking indeed. My BFF from high school is getting married at the end of the month, and I am the MOH; duty calls, and so I am hosting La Soirée Bachelorette

Not to in any way belittle the significance of my friend's nuptials and her bachelorette party, but this morning I baked this Easy Everyday White Cake Recipe in a bundt pan out of which Ken will enthusiastically jump, comme ça:

bachelorette party

What a day to be baking! Like yesterday, it was hot as hell. I started early in the morning and baked mummy's Black Magic birthday cake too. I probably could have put the batter in the pans out on the deck and they would have baked just as well. Now I just have 10 or so major things to get done before 5pm tomorrow ...

 La Soirée Bachelorette To Do List:
  1. lay out snacks
  2. chill booze
  3. make sangria
  4. make apps
  5. make chip dips
  6. clean house!
  7. clean deck
  8. put leaf in kitchen table
  9. figure out how to play CBC classic rock station through iPhone on stereo
  10. ice cake and insert Ken

Right now I should be cleaning my house in preparation for the gaggle of gals that will be here tomorrow evening instead of blogging. However, it's a really good thing I started this post and did some research, because I just found a list of MOH duties to which I should start paying attention. Surprises include: a speech; dancing with Best Man; holding rings, bouquets, trains; attending rehearsal party (whoops - must change flight time!); etc.

On the upside, I have a dress and shoes and a flight booked (although it won't get me there in time for the rehearsal). And La Soirée Bachelorette, of course. I might just be the worst MOH ever. Poor BFF.

Comments