Pastel de tres leches

Kiki's Prime Rib

I feel like a princess! Last night I had Keith's Krusty Haddock for dinner, and tonight .... Kiki's Prime Rib! This princess loves beef that says "moo" when I stick a fork in it; better still if it gives a little kick. This succulent hunk of meat was accompanied by fresh spinach, turnip, and potatoes (don't tell Camille!)


slabs of prime rib with wasabi and wine
On a pretentious little wine note, I paired this with a 2011 Montalto (Sicilia) Nero D'Avola Cabernet Sauvignon because I heard a sommelier on CBC Radio say Sicilian wines were good bang for your buck AND I read the pairing advice on the label. Check out this Barone Montalto promotional video which features several uomini belli - one in particular who made off with my rubber boots! A lovely depiction of la dolce vita.
rubber boots - top left
Sammy waits patiently for treats

On a final note (pun intended), a little bedtime opera: Cecilia Bartoli singing "Ariette a l'ancienne" by Rossini.

Comments