Pastel de tres leches

Go-To-Hell Pants

I stopped at Frenchy's in Truro yesterday to get some boat clothes for next week. Instead, I found this great pair of Go-To-Hell Pants!

GTH Pants

Victim of "the Frenchy's effect", I didn't even realize I needed a pair of summer Go-To-Hell Pants until I saw them in the bin. Like a puppy at a pet store, they looked up at me with their sad brown eyes happy green flowers, and before I knew it they were coming home with me. They are perfect! (ok, $3.50 and really a size too big ... maybe I can shrink them.) Tailored like jeans, cropped to show off some ankle and fancy shoes, and in a print that is outrageous but not loud in a clashing colours sort of way. I cannot wait to wear them for crashing parties and for G&Ts in the greenhouse; I only hope that they don't attract unwanted insects.

Really, GTH Pants are a guy-thing, since it is no big deal and completely sartorially acceptable for women to sport crazy prints and colourful florals (and even pants these days).  But no matter who is wearing them, GTH Pants make a statement: I cared enough to wear these pants to show that I don't care what I'm wearing. Or, more likely, it was just laundry day and they were the only clean item in the closet.

as explained by the French men’s magazine Monsieur

GTH Pants Required Reading:
Damned Dapper
Pants on Fire