Pastel de tres leches

Caught on Radar

The best way to get the garden watered here for the past couple of days was to hang the laundry on the clothesline; every time I did, the sky got dark and buckets of rain fell. It's like rainy season in the tropics only without the little yellow three-toed frogs stuck to the back of my legs. And 20 degrees cooler. And no taco stands.


Apologies for my colourful language and for giving you all the finger in this video. I was taken by surprise by a sideways burst of wind that blew the patio door open and all kinds of stuff around on the deck and by the ensuing shower of hailstones the size of chocolate chips. Wouldn't it be nice if chocolate fell from the sky ... 

minutes before: gloomy foreboding 
Now, for anyone who was misled by the title of this post into thinking that I got a speeding ticket, what I meant was that the weather geek in me managed to get a screenshot of the storm on radar from the Environment Canada website just before we lost power:

the Riviera is under the red spot above the t in Port Hawkesbury

Today was the same. It started with a beautiful morning, so I planted another grapevine.Then I hung the laundry out so the new vines would be watered. And they were. Not as much rain as yesterday, but everything (including sheets and towels) received a good soaking. It dried up just in time for me to mow the lawn this evening and make the "vineyard" look pretty.

old grapes/new grapes/lawn mowed/day 4 shampoo-free