Pastel de tres leches

Outdoor Bathtub Project

What could be better than soaking in an outdoor bath with summer flowers and chirping birdies all around?
A hot-tub, that's what. But I can't afford one, so instead I will have an outdoor bathtub.

I found some ideas for design on the internet, and Barb kindly procured an old wrought-iron tub from someone who was renovating a house in Pictou ... for free! Daniel transported it home in his truck last summer, and I bought a Klenk's Epoxy Enamel Swiss Formula bathtub restoration kit, but I didn't have the time or a stretch of great weather to do the job. So, it sat outside for a whole year.

Recently Daniel suggested that I use it to collect rainwater for the greenhouse. As if! So, that was my dare to get going on ...

***The Outdoor Bathtub Project***

outdoor bathtub project now
outdoor dream bathtub visioning exercise

However, if I want my outdoor bathtub to look even slightly as beautiful as these, I first need to deal with the area around the tub:
  1. throw out that bin of scrap wood on the right
  2. weed around the tub
  3. lay down some flat beach stones 
  4. plant flowers 
So I'll get right to that tomorrow morning right after I have coffee in Daniel's my favourite coffee mug ...

stuff to get me started
There will probably be a couple of interim posts on this project before I'm blogging from the tub, al fresco, and up to my neck in bubbles with my rubber ducky. I'll see how much I can get accomplished before Belmont Stakes post-time at 7:30pm AT. After all, Rome wasn't built in a day (but our greenhouse was).